Samsung Tab S2 8.0" WiFi: Value Buy!

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0": At Popular Bookstore
[GADGET DEALS] I blogged about my new iPad Mini 2 purchase some weeks back. In that, I mentioned a strong alternative, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0". Then I happened to see it showed up at Popular Bookstore on promotion at S$468 for the WiFi version.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0": At Popular Bookstore
As mentioned in the previous, My requirements for a tablet are simple; 8-inch display, a minimum pixel density of 300, at least 2GB of ram, a recent mid-range processor, and decent build quality. Mainstream options will probably only include iPad Mini 4 and Tab S2.

I would explain my requirements a little.  8-inch is the perfect because any bigger the arms will be strained from more than 10 minutes. Pixel density is extremely important too because that's what we are staring! Any lower, pixels are apparent. Finally, I use the tablet for media consumption so 2 GB ram and the mid-range processor will do the job.
Compare iPad Mini 4 and Tab S2
So I did a simple comparison table. The one downside of Tab S2 is probably the battery size and probably the design, Tab S2 looks somewhat dated. Besides that everything else matched up. 

At the end of the day, your decision is probably the comparison might not be useful since the Apple camp and Android camp are rather divided. A buyer looking for an iPad Mini can consider the Mini 2 or 4 while the Android can plenty of choices. 

In this case, Samsung Tab S2. And even if dare, some shops in Singapore can go lower than $468 of course at your own risk!

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home