Orico H7013: The competent 7 port USB Hub

Orico H7013 Series: China set.
[REVIEW] "I need 7 USB ports!" This is the requirement from my demanding friend whom asked me for advice for a quality 7 port USB hub. As much as I doubt the need for a 7 port USB hub, it is a my duty to help out a friend in need especially when it comes to purchasing computer accessories!

There aren't really much 7 port USB hub in market perhaps because in today tech world, average consumers would be fine with at most a keyboard, mouse and hard disk. In the end, it has to be in the Nubox Raffles outlet that I found my inspiration.

Introducing Orico H7013. And here are 3 thoughts on the excellent S$27.90 device I bought on Qoo10, a China export set.

Package content: Including a 2-pin charger.
Orico H7013 in action

Orico H7013 comes with a USB cable and power adaptor which provides adequate power supply, for 7 USB devices to work stably, especially the large capacity hard disks.

Orico says the 7 USB 3.0 ports offers transfer speed is up to 5 Gbps. My test on the transfer speed is limited to USB 2.0 because that's all my 5 year old MacBook Pro and Western Digital WD2500ML can do.

With the variables above, I get a consistent 30 MB per second read speed and 26 MB per second write speed with Orico H7013 between the computer and hard disk. When the hard disk is directly plugged in the computer I get a slight drop of 2 MB per second.

No additional driver installation is required for Orico H7013 to work. H7013 is also compatible with Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android 4.2 and other major systems, plug and play.

USB In-port to connect to the computer.
Design

Plastic matte finish may not be as classy as metallic finish but it's still looking very handsome. With the classic black, that's the formula for a timeless design and low profile at the same time.

There is a blue LED which lights when the hub is in used. Everything is looking rather well build for a USB hub.

And lastly, have a look at the image below, you would see that having the usb ports lined up in a straight line is a very bright concept because even the very wide USB sticks will fit!

The situation when all 7 ports are plugged in.
Some noteworthy stuff

My Western Digital WD2500ML, a several years old external hard disk, did not work with Orico H7013 with the power adaptor plugged in. Rest of the less power hungry devices worked, such as thumbdrives and my fitness tracking watch (charging) even when all 7 ports are in action.

Of course, with a 7 ports USB the power adaptor is essentially part of the device so this is just FYI information.

Another note is Orico H7013 does not charge the likes of tablets despite the power adaptor.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home