My first Audio House visit and Philips BDP3000 Promotion

Today I finally visited the Audio House at Liang Court. I have been to the one at Sims Drive. Not too impressive. However, I heard the Liang Court outlet is different, really spacious and have lots of product on display. And it certainly is from I saw today.

The concept is really to classify everything and place them at in order which really makes the store looks organized.

I walked around and my attention was drawn to this Blu-ray player, the Philips BDP-3000. The Philips promotion is to trade in your old DVD player to get this at S$299 (Usual price is S$399).

But Audio House is selling it straight at S$299 without trade-in! I am pretty sure most of the other place is sticking to the Philips promotion.

Anyhow, it is one Blu-ray player that does nearly everything. It reads VCD. It rips CDs onto USB Thumbdrive (I was surprised, its a really nice function). It plays some formats of video on thumbdrive.

  • Picture enhancement: High Def (720p, 1080i, 1080p), Progressive Scan, Video upscaling
  • Aspect Ratio: 16:9, 4:3
  • Playback media: BD Video, BD-R/RE 2.0, DVD, DVD-Video, DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW, Video CD, DivX, CD-R/CD-RW, CD
  • Compression formats: H.264, VC-1, MPEG2, WMV, DivX Ultra, XviD
  • Connections: HDMI output, Component Video output, Digital coaxial out, Composite video (CVBS) output, Analogue audio Left/Right out, Ethernet, USB: firmware upgrade and BD-Live

While I see no point getting a Blu-ray player since Blu-ray movies are so highly priced, BDP3000 is probably a nice upgrade from your probably really old player (i know, its laptops for everything now, but its good to stay away from laptops after work).

If you still think its expensive, a certain game console plays Blu-ray movies as well as the latest games at about S$400+.

(Link) – Specifications
(Link) – This site has this promotion up days ago.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home